Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Now Reading ~*~ November 2020

Now Reading: November 2020
I haven't posted any book reviews or other reading related items since late October, but that doesn't mean I haven't been reading. I guess I've just not been motivated to sit in front of my computer to write. I don't know...

Regardless, I thought I'd share my November 2020 reading plans and progress. 
If you are struggling with reading during the pandemic, check out THIS post where I talk about increasing my reading amid all the stress and uncertainty in the world right now. 

November 2020 reading
My full reading plan for November includes:
💙 Lips too chilled by Matuso Basho (poetry)💚 Howl by Allen Ginsberg (poetry)💛 The Scripture of the Golden Eternity by Jack Kerouac (poetry)💜 Essentialism by Grego McKeown (non-fiction, lifestyle, self-help)💛 Know My Name by Chanel Miller (memoir, sexual assault)💚 Blueprint for Revolution by Srdja Popovic (non-fiction, politics, history)💙 The Story of Stuff by Annie Leonard (non-fiction, environmentalism, lifestyle)💛 The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg (non-fiction, lifestyle, psychology)💚 The Black Painting by Neil Olson (fiction)💙 Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo (fiction)
The Story of Stuff by Annie Leonard feels like the perfect compliment to The Art of Frugal Hedonism by Annie Raser-Rowland and Adam Grubb (read my review HERE).
I've already finished Know My Name by Chanel Miller, but as of writing this post, I have not written a review yet. I can tell you this much for now though: Miller's memoir is MUST READ material! She recounts being the victim of a sexual assault and the lengthy trial and messy aftermath, including finding her way back to herself. I truly believe you need to read this book!
I've been slowly making my way through The Power of Habit and Blueprint for Revolution, but am likely to finish both this month. I'm enjoying them, but one has lived in my bathroom until recently, and the other was misplaced until recently. 
I've been reading a chapter or two from Crooked Kingdom several nights per week, and it's been a great book to read in the bathtub on cold nights when I need to warm up! The book is the second of a pair and follows a rag-tag group of young adults through peril, adventure, and the under belly of society. They are at turns terrible and wonderful people. Bardugo's characters all highlight that we all have potential for good and bad within us and that the two can co-exist. This is young adult fantasty/sci-fi fiction and great escapism.
Now reading: Scripture of the Golden Eternity by Jack Kerouac, Lips too chilled by Matsuo Basho, Howl by Allen Ginsberg, The Story of Stuff by Annie Leonard
The last two days, however, I've been focused primarily on:

💜 The Scripture of the Golden Eternity by Jack Kerouac (poetry -- I'll likely finish it tomorrow)......buy it on Bookshop: https://bit.ly/3nz5v8e......buy it on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3f59czn

💛 Howl by Allen Ginsberg (poetry -- I'll also likely finish this one tomorrow)
......buy it on Bookshop: https://bit.ly/2HcRbTg......buy it on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3f8qeN0

💚 Lips too chilled by Matsuo Basho (poetry, specifically Haiku -- I finished this one today)
......This specific book is not currently available on Bookshop or Amazon, but I found several copies at reasonable prices with a quick Google search; I happened to buy my copy in Paris, France at Shakespeare and Company.

💙 The Story of Stuff by Annie Leonard (non-fiction, environmentalism, lifestyle -- I'll likely finish this one by week's end)......buy it on Bookshop: not available......buy it on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3pBPgcc
Drop a comment and let me know what you're reading these days!
If you aren't in the reading mood, but you still want to occupy your mind, check out my coloring pages and stationery for sale HERE on Etsy! It's all super fast and easy to download and print at home after purchase! I'm a small business owner, and with the pandemic's economic toll, it's more important than ever to shop small, local, and independent -- hence, my including links to Bookshop above!
Adult coloring pages and stationery available at http://marblesandjam.etsy.com
Please note: links are affiliate in nature. I'm not sharing them to "make a buck" but rather because I love to share what I'm reading and access to finding the same books. If you do purchase through these links, many thanks! I may receive a small commission as a result, but at no additional cost to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment